SHROPSHIRE'S NONCONFORMIST CHAPELS

[former] Wollerton Wood Primitive Methodist Chapel [former] Wollerton Wood Primitive Methodist Chapel
This small brick-built chapel was erected in 1865 at a cost of £140, on land given by Mr W. O. Thornton. The foundation stones were laid on the 13th June, and the chapel opened on the 17th September. An application to close the chapel was made in 1971 and granted in 1972. It was sold by the Methodist Church in 1973 and was de-registered as a place of religious worship on 25 October 1974. In 1984 it was sympathetically converted to residential use by a local farmer.
Grid ref: SJ 603315.

All the photographs on this website are copyright and may not be reproduced without the permission of the copyright owner.

To return to the main page, click here