SHROPSHIRE'S NONCONFORMIST CHAPELS

Weirbrook Congregational Chapel
Weirbrook Congregational (later United Reformed Church) Chapel
This chapel, with its own burial ground, was built in 1910 at a cost of £664 following an appeal for funds starting in 1909. The first service was held on the 28th September 1910. It was still in use as a chapel until October 2018 when it held its last service. The chapel was built to replace a "tin tabernacle" (which cost £60) which opened on Sunday 16th December 1883 for a congregation which had been meeting since 1878. The tin tabernacle was still extant in 2002.
Grid ref: SJ 347240.

All the photographs on this website are copyright and may not be reproduced without the permission of the copyright owner.

To return to the main page, click here