[former] Webscott Primitive Methodist Chapel, parish of Myddle A trust deed was drawn up in 1842 for land at Webscott for a chapel and school for the Primitive Methodists. A chapel was then built and its datestone gives the date of erection as 1842. In 1851 it had seating for 80 worshippers. On Census Sunday in 1851 there were 15 worshippers at their morning service, 71 at their afternoon service and 54 at their evening one. The chapel was reported to have closed by 1941. When seen in in the early 21st century, this little stone-built chapel was used for storage. By 2016 the chapel had been extended at the rear & been converted to a dwelling. To view the inscription click here. Grid ref: SJ 475228 |