[former] Independant (Congregational) Chapel, Chapel Lane, Trefonen a.k.a. CarneddauThis chapel was built in 1832 which in 1851 was described as "neat". In the 1851 Religious Census there were 23 worshippers at their morning service and 98 at their evening service. When the chapel celebrated their anniversary in August 1866 the singing was accompanied by a harmonium and by 1889 they had an organ. The chapel was registered for the solemnising of marriages on 11th September 1891. The chapel closed sometime after 1941 and by 1996 had been converted to residential use. There is a burial ground with gravestones just visible to the left of the chapel in this photograph. To see a photograph of the chapel taken in the late 19th century, click here. Grid ref: SJ 259269. |