![]() The Rock Primitive Methodist Chapels, Ketley By 1835 The Rock had had Primitive Methodist preaching in the area for nearly 30 years. Eventually a small plain chapel measuring 30 ft by 24 ft (on the left in this picture), built of brick was erected between September and December 1861 & opened for worship on the 8th December. This was replaced by a larger polychrome brick chapel (on the right) built in 1877 and opened on the 26th August of that year. The old chapel then became a Sunday school. The chapel is still in use in 2023. Grid ref: SJ 682094 |