[former] Porth y Waen Primitive Methodist Chapel,
The congregation met in an old thatched cottage until they were able to build their own chapel. Land and six old cottages were bought and the site cleared. The foundation stones of this chapel were laid on 6 October 1865, and the first service in the chapel was held on 4 February 1866. The building of the chapel (30 ft x 24 ft) cost just over £265. In 1939 a Sunday School was added to the chapel & in 1959 a car park made to the side of the chapel. The last service was held there on 4th August 1996. By 2005 the building had been converted to a house. There is a modern extension at the rear. Grid ref: SJ 266238 |