SHROPSHIRE'S NONCONFORMIST CHAPELS

[former] Pant Congregational Chapel [former] Pant Congregational Chapel
The first congregational chapel was opened in Pant on the 2nd. Sunday in 1822 at a cost of £80, following twenty years of preaching in the parish. In 1832 a gallery was added. In 1851 the chapel had seating for 136 worshippers. On Census Sunday 30 March 1851 there were 83 worshippers at their afternoon service, and 36 children at their Sunday School in the morning. A new chapel (in the picture) was erected in 1862 at a cost of £250. The chapel has been converted to residential use. For a view of the chapel as it was in 2005, click here.
Grid ref: SJ 278223

To return to the main page, click here