[former] Newton on the Hill Presbyterian [Welsh Calvinistic Methodist] Chapel, This chapel was built in 1895. Tenders were invited from builders of a chapel and cottage in June 1895. The architects were A.B. & W. Scott Deakin of Shrewsbury. The memorial stone laying took place on 27th September of that year. It seems very likely that it closed c. 1920. Although the building is shown on the 1924 O.S. map it is not designated as a place of worship whereas in the 1900 map it is described as "Presbyterian". The congregation must have moved to the chapel in Harmer Hill which changed from being "Independent" to belonging to the Presbyterian Church of Wales in 1920. When seen in 2005 it had been converted into two houses. Grid ref: SJ 485235 |