[former] Knowbury Primitive Methodist Chapel
This chapel was built in 1838 at a cost of £153. It had sittings for over 300 worshippers and added a gallery in 1847. On Census Sunday 1851 they had 102, 21, & 86 worshippers at their three services in the morning, afternoon and evening. The chapel is known to have been open until c.1963. The building was de-registered as a place of worship on 15th February 1963. It has been sold & is now converted to a house & is called "The Quillet". Grid ref: SO 571748 |