[former] Hope Primitive Methodist Chapel. This chapel, built of brick with polychrome dressings around the round-headed windows, was built in 1882 by Mr C. T. Pugh of Welshpool at a cost of about £400. It replaced a previous Primitive Methodist chapel on a nearby site. The foundation stones were laid on the 11th April 1882 and the chapel opened in early July. A beautiful new organ was installed in 1894. The chapel celebrated its centenary in 1982. The chapel is believed to have closed in 1989, & has been sold. It was being converted to residential use in 2005. The building was de-registered as a place of worship in March 2016. For a view of the datestone, click here. Grid ref: SO 517788 |