[former] Welsh Calvinistic Methodist Chapel, Frankwell Quay, ShrewsburyThis chapel (costing about £1000), designed by borough engineer T. Tisdale, was opened on the 4th of May 1865 for a congregation of English-speaking Welsh Calvinistic Methodists. The congregation had been formed in 1854, and had met in rented accommodation on Claremont Hill until the chapel was built. The congregation moved to a new building on Belmont Bank in 1905 q.v. The Frankwell Quay chapel continued in use as a mission church until 1909 when the building was sold. It is now incorporated into "Theatre Severn". Grid ref: SJ 489128 |