[former] Sion Welsh Calvinistic Methodist Chapel, Cyrnybwch, SellatynThis chapel was first registered as a place of worship on the 23rd October 1861, It must have been built shortly before that. It was located next to the old Oswestry racecourse, where in 1880 their annual tea party was held in the grandstand. The chapel closed in the mid 1960s and was de-registered as a place of worship on the 14th May 1971. There is a modern house on the exact site now which may be a partial rebuild of the chapel. Grid ref: SJ 258312 |