[former] Wesleyan Methodist Chapel, Newport Street, Clun This chapel was erected in 1899 in Newport Street, to replace the previous chapel which (according to the 1851 religious census) was erected in 1808, but the datestone gives the date as 1838. In 1851 the chapel had 52 worshippers at their afternoon service and 65 at their evening one. It closed in the 1960s and was sold c.1970, and by March 2005 had been converted to residential use. For a view of the datestone, click here. Grid ref: SO 301811 |