[former] Cardington Primitive Methodist Chapel
Before the chapel was built at Cardington, local Primitive Methodists met in a house at Enchmarsh. Land was bought at auction in 1869 and foundation stones for a chapel were soon laid. A brick chapel was opened in September 1869 and in 1872 had 24 members, but only 12 members in 1912. The chapel was registered for solemnizing marriages on 23rd March 1872. The building was sold in 1951 and has now been converted to residential use and is unrecognisable as a former chapel. Grid ref: SO 505953 |