SHROPSHIRE'S NONCONFORMIST CHAPELS

Primitive Methodist Chapel, Asterley
Primitive Methodist Chapel, Asterley

This small stone-built chapel (21 ft x 33 ft) was erected in an elevated position in the centre of the village and opened for worship on 12th October 1834. In 1851 there were sittings for 160 people and had 81 attenders at their afternoon service and 34 at the evening one. The chapel is still owned by the Methodist Church in 2023 but services are not being held there at this time.
Grid ref: SJ 374070.

All the photographs on this website are copyright and may not be reproduced without the permission of the copyright owner.

To return to the main page, click here